Ground Control Station Makes Data Acquisition Easy and Accurate
At RedTail LiDAR Systems, we understand the importance of ensuring accurate and successful point cloud collection on each and every flight. That’s why we’ve designed our Ground Control Station (GCS) to be easy-to-use and easy-to-operate!
Our GCS includes:
• Quick connect cables for a fast and secure connection between the GCS and the LiDAR System
• An easy-to -use “game-style” controller to navigate data entry and flight monitoring
• Color coded monitoring panes that allow the operator to quickly assess the state of the system
• A quick and efficient data back-up and copying process that verifies all of your point cloud data is accurate and securely stored
Our simple 3 Step Implementation Process will efficiently guide you through pre-flight set up, flight execution, and post-flight processing.
Step 1-Pre-Flight Before taking flight, the RedTail LiDAR System’s GCS presents a “preflight checklist” for completion. This check list prompts the operator with an action to take and presents data fields to collect the information needed to execute the flight. With each pre-flight step, the system checks for proper operation, including verifying that there is sufficient capacity to store all of the point cloud data collected on your flight.
Step 2- Flight Execution During the flight, the RedTail LiDAR System’s GCS presents the information needed to manage and monitor the point cloud collection in three distinct, color-coded panes.
These easily interpreted panes include:
• System health, laser power and archive capacity–ensuring a successful flight
• State of the Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and position accuracy–ensuring your point clouds are accurate
• Percent of points returned and average intensity– verifying the quality of your point clouds
Included with the RTL-400, the RedTail LiDAR System’s User Guide provides a complete description of all the status fields and includes troubleshooting steps to address any issues that may arise.
Step 3-Post Flight After the flight, the RedTail LiDAR System’s GCS quickly and efficiently copies the collected data from the LiDAR system to the GCS with minimal command input.
This copy step provides verification of the collected data and creates a redundant archive by storing data on both the LiDAR System and the GCS, eliminating the need to power-up the
high-value LiDAR system simply to transfer data. The LiDAR system stays safely
packed away until the next flight.
The RTL-400 GCS is designed to ensure each and every job is completed thoroughly and efficiently, resulting in complete and accurate point cloud data acquisition. Our system ensures you avoid costly re-flights, saving you time and money.
To learn more about the RedTail
LiDAR System and our innovative GCS, visit us online at www.redtaillidar.com or call